Sunday, January 6, 2008

what a dirty trick!

So your daddy played a trick on me today - and like a poor little lab rat I had no clue.

All I knew is that I was feeling really...ugh...

It was all I could do to sit there and zombie-stare. Never mind having to actually get up - or worse, wipe the drool from my mouth! I laid on the couch fantasizing about calling my doctor asking for anti-depressants - because surely this sluggishness is because I'm depressed? I actually broke out my workout video - convinced that it was my laziness finally catching up to me. I swallowed not just one...but two...vitamins praying for an iron buzz. Drank 6 of my 8 glasses of water before lunch! Journal"ized" out every ounce of bitterness from the depths of my soul - I had no idea I'm such a hater. But in the end I was just...ugh...but now with a screaming headache to boot!

Then daddy came home. The half cocked grin and bag containing 2 lbs of Dunkin D's java under his arm should have given his game away. But I was too...ugh...to notice. And that's when he laid it on me. When he made the coffee this morning (he always makes the coffee) all we had left was decaf! But instead of warning me...he let me drink it and hoped that my brain would be deceived into thinking it was the real deal!

It didn't work! But the fully loaded cuppa joe I'm sipping right now seems to be...

And we both had much needed laugh - at my expense!



8 comments:

Grams said...

What's with the Starbucks coffee picture. I thought you were only DD's.

baby trevor's mommy said...

LOL

It's all relative...

today...I'da taken Starbucks!

jssalfr21 said...

I am so happy that you got to laugh today. I love you guys and hope all is going better. Tell the kiddos i said hi and would love to come visit sometime.

baby trevor's mommy said...

I will sweetie!

I'm feeling better today - since I spoke w/our neuro and she's trying to move our MRI & VEEG forward to before we meet with her on the 28th. The waiting game is what's killing me right now!

Toby & Bristel are doing wonderful! I'm SO glad we're here with my mom & dad...the kids need them!

As for you...I hope you're snuggling little Filipino kiddies soon! We'll see what God has in store for yoU!

xoxo...danielle

Grams said...

Well if you are ever in a fix -- we always have Starbucks. All you have to do is walk upstairs and fetch it.

baby trevor's mommy said...

yeah...we both know that won't happen!

but I'm not opposed to you bringing it down! :OP

Mrs. Stuebe said...

Hey yous guys, I'm all for the coffee fix. Sometimes it's the only thing that works. Praying for your continued strength.

baby trevor's mommy said...

Mrs. Stuebe!

Thank you SO much...we need all the prayers we can get right now! It means SO much to me - and my mom - to know that you're praying alongside us!

And I'm into coffee all the time! Not that I'm addicted or anything! :O)

...danielle