2.11.2008

lights out

Daddy was the speaker for the evening worship yesterday. I always enjoy listening to him...he likes to tell funny stories about your family! I like to laugh. And I love my family!
We were not prepared for the after service fiasco though.
---
Inside the little church it was snug & cozy. Outside it was white-out conditions. We had all heard the wind pick up during church...but had no clue there was a blizzard!? Winter in New England I guess.
---
I LOVE frolicking in the snow...and had fun running to the van and clipping seatbelts (SO many seatbelts!). Daddy...not so much! I laughed. He looked like a powdered donut by time he was done cleaning the windows!
---
On the way home the lights blinked out on the bridge. Daddy & I looked at each other...we were having flashbacks to Tanzania (2 years with daily power blinks has to give one some kind of syndrome?). We breathed with relief. All the doors on our lane were glowing.
---
Everyone jammied up...we tucked you & your sibs into bed...and Daddy & I sank onto the couch to zombie out.
---
And the power blinked out. Murphy's Law.
---
We held our breath. It's just a sub-conscious reaction that people who've lived in foreign places with erratic power sources do to cope.
---
On again.
---
Off again.
---
Then on. I called Grams to make sure Pop-pop had gene fuel. He did.
---
Thankfully (even though the power went out a few times) we didn't have to go "un"-green to keep warm last night!

3 comments:

baby trevor's mommy said...

**editors note**

I only added these thingys ~~~ cause for some stupid reason I couldn't get my post to double space! Ugh!

...danielle

JSmith5780 said...

ok, what's gene fuel?

baby trevor's mommy said...

gene is our nick for "generator"...which my American residing dad has to run his whole house.

We lived on one for most of our time in Tanzania. So over-rated! Between the noise & the fumes... fierce headaches.

...danielle