4.08.2008

your cross

The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer.
----
"Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear."
----
The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."
----
The man was filled with relief. "Thank you, Lord," he sighed, and he did as he was told.
----
Upon entering the other door, he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered.
----
The Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."
----
When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more blessed than you imagined.
----
~Author Unknown~
----
I found this little poem today while I was skuttling around online during Trevy's nap. It spoke to me. The weight of my cross has left me gasping for air. Emotionally I'm in a much better place today than I was a few months ago...but sometimes it still feels like way more than I can manage! Way more than I can or want to carry...
----
But the truth is...I AM blessed!
I have my husband & best friend walking thru this beside me. I have three amazing, beautiful happy children.
God's Providence has us in an area of the country with the best possible medical care.
My parents are no longer half a world away - now they're right upstairs.
I have the consistent encouragement & support of friends both old & new!
----
And the truth is...even though it's scary not knowing the end of our story. Not knowing if Trevor will come through this unscathed or not. I AM blessed. And I love that little monkey more than I ever thought I was capable of loving. And every day I am growing (I hope) into the mommy that he needs...and he's growing into the little guy he was Designed to be!
----
Sorry for the mushies!
----
If you want to learn more about how blessed you are visit...
----

4 comments:

labonte4 said...

Check out this website.

http://www.ethanpowell.com

*Be prepared with tissue in hand...they have recently gone through a very difficult time*

I came across this website a few months ago, and began praying for them and thier son. The faith and strength that these parents have put forward is amazing. They set the standard for us to follow.

baby trevor's mommy said...

Okay...so when I first started reading I was okay.

And then I got to today's update!

Wow...you're right! Unbelievable strength, courage & faith!

Now excuse me...I need to find some Kleenex!

...danielle

Anonymous said...

honestly there are many times just thinking about precious Treavy that I
i need the kleenex. Especially at church when we are singing praises to the Lord I just am so thankful to have you close to home. I
You have given me three very precious gifts. Thank you for blessing me with my grandchildren. I Love you--Mom

baby trevor's mommy said...

Gee...thanks mom...now I need to go re-do my makeup! :O)

I love you too...

and so do you 3 amazing grandkids...

...and their daddy!

xoxoxo...danielle