8.23.2010

thinking of Broc

I wanted to write a lengthy post about how much I admire him. His family. About the mark they've left on our family. And how connected we feel to them. How his website was among the first I stumbled on the evening our world changed. How I found hope and joy in his beautiful smile. And blue eyes.








About the passion his daddy has poured into advocating for the IS community. And how my heart swells with pride to stand with this beautiful family to whom we are connected by a rare seizure disorder.



But alas...like most everything in my life these days...I ran out of steam. And have a half post written yesterday rubbing elbows with my other unfinished thoughts in the draft folder.



But my heart is with them. My thoughts. Prayers breathed over laundry. And during dinner. While I go about living my life here.



Broc is likely in the OR right now. Having grids placed. After courageously battling through hundreds of seizures daily for the past eight years. Running the gamut of tests and meds. A MEG scan finally detected a focus. And for the next week Broc will endure 3 brain surgeries in the hopes of slaying the Beast.



And so I will be saturating their family in prayer and tears from my little cape cod nestled in a coastal hamlet of New England. Hoping like crazy this is Broc's key. Praying like crazy for wisdom and comfort and peace...



I hope you'll join me...

7 comments:

The Blatchford Family said...

Wishing them all of the best!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of them, too. Hope all is going well.

Erin

happy's mommy said...

word on the email-street is...grids are in. Broc did well and is sleeping. So now...we pray for seizures.

...danielle

lisa said...

My thoughts and prayers are with them too...I know of Broc and his family through their website and I hope this is the answer for him.

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I am praying for him and for his family. I am praying too for the IS community as a whole. Each are so special and I love how supportive each of you are to one another.
Love you bunches!
C

MJStump said...

Also sending lots of prayers for Broc!

Mike was the first person we found for support and he was so kind to talk on the phone to my hubby our first night home from the hospital following Kylie's diagnosis.

Praying for this to be exactly what Broc needs.

The Lundgrens said...

Oh, Broc's sweet face greeted me also in my midnight hour of frantic internet searching. I'll be praying.....