Skip to main content

lemonade & labs

Friday's appointments went well.


The lovely Dr. Neuro is very pleased with Trevor's progress. I think in a way she's surprised that he's still moving forward seizure free. Two months ago in her office her gut was telling her differently. But here we are...still no spasms.


Although it's way too soon in the process to let out a collective sigh of relief.


She said we'll be rescheduling an MRI sometime after Trevy's 18 months. We need to allow more time for his little brain to grow...so if there is a flaw it'll be easier to spot. My calm at having to shelve the test for now is crazy. I've never been very good at playing the waiting game. I was the kid who snooped out the Christmas presents...no hiding place could elude my detective*ish* skills. But somehow I'm okay with holding off. A few more months anyway.

We're all looking forward to the results from the B.E.A.M. study. June 19th is coming up quickly.

Dr. Neuro & her fellow (aka med. student) complimented the very essence of my being ::ahem:: blog. I tried to be modest...but I'm sure I glowed anyway. I've poured my heart & soul into this blog. In many ways, journaling our unfolding saga & providing informational links for other parents & connecting with other epilepsy families...has become my life-line. My swipe at keeping my sanity. My lemonade. But that's another post.


Of course...as luck would have it...we couldn't get Trev's genetic work up done. Fridays are bad for that I learned. Especially ones preluding holiday weekends.


But since we have our follow up with Dr. Tubes today anyway...we'll give it a go this trip.


We should hear back in about 3 weeks. Again...I'm honing my waiting skills! Someday all this patience I'm gaining will come in very handy indeed......


Comments

Mama Skates said…
i heart your blog!

i know waiting is hard - but like u said, one day it'll b a breeze....i'm not very patient either - i usually just try and stay busy to distract myself....hope ur wait is a short one!

xoxox,
sharon
Danielle said…
(((((hugs)))))

Thanks sharon! All the lovin' is much needed & appreciated today!

...danielle
Shanna Grimes said…
Yes, playing the waiting game is never fun, but he is doing well, so that's always a good thing :) I hope it goes by fast.

Mmmm...lemonade sounds good ;P
Danielle said…
Toby LOVES lemonade!

The waiting is getting easier all the time...I think! :o)

...danielle

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...