Skip to main content

more sleep please

Toby stumbled downstairs this morning...snuggled me up...and declared...

"I feel like I could sleep for two more hours!"

Like mommy like son, right?! Only add a few dozen to my number! It seriously took every itty bitty drop of caffine induced energy I could muster to drag myself through the morning madness. I'm impressed that I have real clothes on! That's something, right?
::make-up free tho I may be::

I discovered this weekend that Hand Foot & Mouth is very nasty indeed! I don't remember Trevy being that inconsolable ever!

Not during seizures...

Not through ACTH...

Not whilst teething...

Not even during the wean....

Yep, HF&M totally takes the cake for worst sickies ever!

He spent most of last week not being able to enjoy his new pain n' fluid free ears! The sores in the mouth consumed him! And the rest of our sleep patterns with it!

But today...



He woke up happy & hungry! (His little blistered mouth hurt so much that he had been almost fasting for five days)

Hopefully this week will be the converse of last! And here's to more sleep & energy tomorrow!

Comments

Mama Skates said…
my heart goes out to u with this...i soooo feel ur pain! glad he's finally eating - that was the worst
Jonathan said…
I was worried about dehydration...but was able to keep enough in him for three wets. Barely.

But he's MUCH better today!

...danielle

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...