Skip to main content

do you believe...

in gaurdian angels?



This weekend I accidentally left the door at the top of our very steep stairs open. Jonathan, Trevy & I had just run up for a quick measurement or something. From our bedroom I looked over just in time to see Trevor take that first step...


I screamed "Nooooooooooooo!"


And knew in that instant that Trevor was going to be a pile of broken bones at the bottom. My seizure baby!


His balance is awful and he tumbled from the top step all the way down to the hardwoods below.


Jonathan said Trevy's angel must've carried him down the stairs and gently plopped him on the floor below. The fall itself was silent. And Trev was quickly comforted! My heart on the other hand still beats wildly every time I think about it!


We're most definitely believers!

Comments

Adesta said…
Oh D! I can't imagine what went through yours and Jonathan's minds!!! If I didn't already believe in them, I certainly would now. I am so thankful that Trevy is unhurt!!!
Mama Skates said…
wow - that's so scary! i remember WATCHING gabby tumble down our stairs...she was 2 & i was at the bottom...she was thankfully, dressed up 2 go play in the snow...she was leaning on the baby gate & it gave...she held her arms & legs out - completely stiff...tumbling down like a little star! i ran up as she came down & got her about 1/2 way...all the clothes, hat, etc had cushioned her enuff that she was not hurt - good & scared, but thankfully, not hurt! gotta love those angels that surround our wee ones!!! ;0)
JSmith5780 said…
It probably all happened in slo-mo too right?

Yes I do believe, but it also helps that kids don't know to tense up like adults do.

So glad he is OK!
Danielle said…
Jen...your scientific minds just cracks me up! I love it!

...d
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost had a heart attack just reading it. You probably cried more than Trevy did huh?? I totally believe in Guardian angels. I like to think that sometimes when connor is laughing in the corner at "nothing", he is really laughing at his angels. Atleast that's what my sappy heart would leave me to believe.
JSmith5780 said…
That's what a $100K education gets you ;)
Mrs. M said…
Talk about heart in your throat! Oh!
How wonderful that Trevy only received a scare & wild ride....guided by his angels. I believe in them! I also believe in the angel/devil conscious...and think sometimes the little red guy on my shoulder gets the best of me & then the angelic one has to convince me to clean up the mess! Maybe that's who convinced Trevy to take that first step. :) *wink* Or it was just plain old almost 2yrs old curiosity!

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...