9.01.2008

spike the sippy cups

I really do, you know.


Love playing house with my children. Snuggling. Smooching. Brushing curls. Playing dress up. Giggling. Fostering their curiosity. Living in the imaginary.


I adore it all!


But by the evening...I am SO ready to spike their little sippy cups with sedatives...and call it a day!


::smile::


Hence...one dusky drive last week I turned up the tunes and told the kids...


NO TALKING until we get home!


Every time they attempted to break the silence...up went the volume a notch.


It was fabulous!


And I couldn't help myself. I was smiling inside & out as I put the car in park.


No sooner had the engine dinned...


when Tobin piped up...


Mom...that was great idea you know. Making us think & not talk...


It gave me a chance to think of 27 ways to better my life!



I've been in stitches ever since...


4 comments:

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

You're hilarious!! Your kids have such imaginations too. I'm sure all Moms have thought briefly about spiking the sippy cups!!!

Mrs. M said...

That's hilarious! Not to mention a good tip for driving!
Spiking sippycups...hmmm...there's a thought! I have phoned my husband & told him that I need a drink or something, but now I'm moving onto the sippy cup!:)

Mama Skates said...

what a riot! such a smart lil guy!

Mama Skates said...

oh, and i do the volume thing too - the car seems to b the kids fav time to riddle me with 100 questions & to bother the heck outta each other....sometimes i have to tell them to look out their own window, keep their hands in their lap & to lock their lips! then the kids' tunes go up! but spiking sippy cups sounds like a plan too! ~lol~