3.24.2009

scan-a-man

Well...



I'm happy to report that Trevy's PET was a breeze.



Although I swear the next time a nurse tells me he has juicy veins...I'm gonna...



Thankfully Dr. Sleep (I may have a crush on Dr. Sleep) swooped in to the rescue. He's of the put em' to sleep THEN do the IV persuasion. Other than listening to Trevy's angry voice muffled behind the mask...it was SO much easier! That...and having Jonathan there for the first hour or so! Can you believe it still took a couple sticks to get a line in! Juicy veins my...



The scan itself was only 10 minutes long.



I didn't realize that they start with a CT scan first...and then move into the PET. Same machine does both tests.



The CT scan may have revealed the reason for all the recent cranky boy antics. Clear as day were four VERY large molars pushing towards the surface. It was pretty cool...


But I'm zonked. Even though it wasn't a bad day...somehow it still wipes it outta ya. Or is it just me? Very draining...all this hospital jazz. I've been suffering blogger's block lately anyway...hospital brain-drain doesn't help matters!


::smile::


Dr. Neuro should be calling tomorrow with the results.

4 comments:

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

Sadly, we nurses do have an obsession with veins. Part vampire maybe??? ha ha ha!! I often look at connor's veins & go i bet i could get one in there!! glad to hear the scan was pretty easy too. i was wondering how long those things took. praying you get the answers you are looking for!! by the way...4 molars??? yowza!! {{{hugs}} to all of you!

Shanna Grimes said...

Wow! That is cool that Dr. Sleep was so thoughtful. Glad things went well. I had a crush on Dr. A when I was in labor with Javi. He was quite a looker and my savior ;)

Mrs. M said...

Yay for molars!
Yay for Dr. Sleep! It shocks me that the gas mask isn't a standard with little kids. Just makes sense.
Yay for sleep for you! Of course, it's draining...it's emotional even on a good day.
Glad it all went well.

Holli said...

So glad to hear that it went smoothly! And, how cool that it was only 10 minutes!
Might have been a short one, but understandably draining still...The stress leading up to it is enough to wipe you out when it's over!

Hope you got some rest!