5.08.2009

not long...enough

Jonathan has been calling his parents daily.



Being so far from them has been hard on him. He wants to be there in person to offer comfort...but just can't.



So he calls...and listens...and cries with his mom...and steals precious moments with his dad when he's been able...



Including this morning. In route to work.



After they hung up he called me. On the home phone. Because last night we were fighting. We do that sometimes. I was so mad that I'd turned off my cell!



::smile::



So he reminded me that...



"We made up, Babe. You can turn your cell back on!"



I did. And he called me back two seconds later. On my cell. Cause our landline is one of those silly internet phones. And the connection can be sketchy.



I could hear the heart-break in his voice. It won't be long now. Hospice shared with his mom. She shared the news with him.



It's not that we didn't know. That we weren't starting to prepare our hearts.



It just seems like everything has happened so quickly. Too quickly...

8 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

I can't imagine how hard this is on the family. Can J take any more time to go see his dad?

Mama Skates said...

oh, i'm so sorry hun - continuously praying 4 u guys!!!

xoxoxox,
sharon

Abbe said...

my heart is breaking with you. know that you're all loved soooo much. big, big hugs to you all today.... god's grace will be sufficient for even this.

Adesta said...

Oh man. I was so hoping to hear that J's dad was doing a bit better. At this point, I know exactly how J is feeling. Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

Colby said...

Don't know if you knew this or not, but I lost my precious Daddy to a form of ALS a little over a year ago...It is so, so hard...Still feels like yesterday...We knew he was bad with his disease, but he actually got sick with resp. illness and passed away within three days...So, even after 8 years of preparing for the inevitable, it was still a shock and something I will NEVER fully recover from...But we DID survive it...And y'all WILL get through this...I am so sorry...Prayers are going up...

Anonymous said...

Sincere sympathy for your family's pain during this time. Praying for y'all.
Barbara

Danielle said...

Thank you everyone...for all your thoughts...prayers...and encouragement.

Jonathan wishes he could go...but the reality is Trevor may have surgery this year. And he's saving his time to be with Trev...and me. And his dad is on so many pain meds that the time he's "there" is very limited.

My parents will be keeping all three children so that we can go together to the funeral.

...danielle

Anonymous said...

(((((Danielle & Jonathan)))))))

...Dawg