5.13.2008

so close I can taste it...

Soooo...



Friday...we knew who it was by the country code on the phone face. J's dad. He's loading our container for us. It was supposed to arrive that day...but was delayed until Monday. No shocker. That's Tanzania.





Saturday...I obsessed ALL day about my stuff!




Sunday...more of the same.



Monday...country code indicator again. My heart always sinks...it's like I'm just waiting for the hammer to drop. Honestly, at this point we're open to greasing the wheel a bit. Not bribery, mind you. A tip!




Today...another call. It's getting expensive. Evidently they needed a copy of J's passport. Scanned & emailed & received!



Things are moving forward!




And...if I squeeze my eyes real tight...I can almost feel my comfy bed! Which I'm hoping will cure my insomnia!

5 comments:

Shanna Grimes said...

Wow, I hope your stuff comes soon. I know how that goes. I am hoping our carseats arrive in Bend on time, otherwise we will be in trouble. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow, so hopefully they will arrive in one piece. I just didn't want to have to deal with them at the airport.

Danielle said...

If all goes well *crossing fingers* it should arrive sometime around the beginning of July!

Seriously...I can't wait!

...danielle

Anonymous said...

okay - i'm joining this party a little late.

firstly, thanks for reading/commenting on my blog recently. welcome to the grit and glory family!

secondly, you and your family seem enormously brave. i know god has his hand on you and on your son trevor.

thirdly, tanzania? were you living there and now back in the usa?? fill me in when you can.

blessings.

JSmith5780 said...

Shanna- are you renting a car? Most car companies have car seats! The other option is something like this... http://babysaway.com/products.html

Just a thought for the future. Have a GREAT trip!

Danielle said...

Hey Alece!

I sent you an email...to much to say...too little comment space to say it!

But LOVE your blog & ministry!

...danielle