8.21.2008

random-nings

I was just unbuckeling my seat belt when Toby came barging out the front door. Being a little homebody he'd opted to stay back with Grams instead of tagging along to Music Class.


What he came charging out to say knocked me off my feet!


"Hey Mom...just checking if you need help carrying anything in?"


Am I beaming? Surely I'm beaming? I feel like I'm beaming!


**************************************************

"Look...mommy...it's the funk-a-dilly!"


As uttered by Bristel...who was contorted under the pews into a side ways bridge postion (if I'm remembering my gymnastics termanolgy correctly). In the middle of church. In a less than church mouse volume.


Gotta love the Backyardigans!


************************************************


"Can I watch Beijing?"

That phrase is seared on my brain! Seriously...is there therapy for a 7 year old sports fanatic? Is it weird that he would rather watch ESPN news than cartoons? That he has his very own Fantasy Baseball Team...and he's WINNING! And am I crazy for telling Grams sure you can wake Toby up at 2am to watch the Olympics?!


**********************************************

Jonathan gets a kick outta made up words. Like...

O-O-T-R

Any guesses on what it could mean?


5 comments:

Mama Skates said...

too cute! love the last one - what a cutie! he must get that from j, huh? is he a big sports fan too? hey, at least he's winning with his fantasy baseball team!

Shanna Grimes said...

OUT OF TREVOR'S REACH?

That's my guess, from one parent of a toddler to another. Mark and I always speak in codes. Being that I am a former gov subcontractor and he is a current gov subcontractor, acronyms are just like plain english to us ;)

That is too cute that Toby is such a sports nut. Javi's dad wishes he was in to baseball. Javi is just in to his own thing. Who know's, Javi loves to swim. Maybe he will be the next Michael Phelps. Javi has ADHD just like him ;) Makes you realize there is no such thing as a disability, it's that just some people are more challenged than others.

Happy Friday!!

Danielle said...

Shanna wins! Whoo hoo! I bet you figure out all those coded license plates too?! I never can!

Toby totally gets his addiction from his daddy...altho I enjoy my fair share of Olympics. It's just sittin' down to watch a full O's game...let's just say I enjoy my crossword puzzles! J spends hours on Orioles Hangout...it's a total *dude* message board all about the Orioles. And Lost! lol

Anyway...I love my hubby...and my kids...they make life fun!

...danielle

Mrs. M said...

lol...these quotes are so awesome!
The funk-a-dilly & beijing...all of it made me smile, laugh out loud, and read them aloud to my husband.
Thanks for the happiness!

Danielle said...

Karibu...as we say in Swahili. I like to randomly show off my 2nd lingo factor! The joy of kiddos!

...danielle