Skip to main content

smiling

A list of random things that made me smile this weekend...




  • The unadulterated glee in J's voice. He was quite pleased with his 1/2 priced meat bargain find. I've delegated BJ's runs to him. My freezer hates me for it! ::smile::


  • Bristel's made-up words like - pink-a-lish


  • The way Toby practices his spelling list! Hopping around the room like a baby kangaroo. It's annoyingly cute!


  • These shoes!








I've been waiting months for the air to turn crisp...so I could sport them in style!







  • Naps. Wait. Shhhhh.... Do you hear that? Me neither...isn't silence fabulous!





  • The Yummy vs. Slummy Mommy debate!


  • Grams. And her Sunday afternoon babysitting so J & I can go window shopping for our we-may-be-placing-a-bid-on-it-this-week house!


  • Two consequetive ACTH-injection free days!


  • Glimpses of Happy-Trevy again! We've missed him!

  • Seeing an older couple holding hands at the mall. And having J reach over for mine...because he noticed too.
Now it's your turn...what made you smile this weekend?

Comments

Watching KC enjoy his birthday party. Seeing him laugh, play, and socalize like a NT child. That made me smile ear to ear : )
Connor makes me smile everyday, but I went to a baby shower yesterday and the mom to be started crying when she opened a crocheted cape that her grandma had made. It made me smile b/c i love that there are still sentimental people in this world.

Oh, I loooooooove those shoes!! Tell Bristel that I love her new word and that i'm going to find a way to use it today. Yeah for happy Trevy days too!!!!
Anonymous said…
Finding out that my 10 yr old nephew doctored up my oldest daughter's little cut on her forehead after she took a dive playing hide and seek...He can be a brat, but he loves his little cousins :)
Love the shoes. I am so ready for fall...I just wished it never turned into winter.

My made me smile moment...enjoying the gorgeous weather this weekend while out apple picking with the entire family.
Danielle said…
Okay...so I can't resist the urge to brag about the shoes. They're my $7 Sketcher find! J & I always hit Kohls on their HUGE sale days...these were my big find last spring when all of last years fall stuff was on 90% clearnance! *grin* And I'm totally lovin' em'!

...danielle
Anonymous said…
I'm not really a shoe girl, but those are so cute!!!!
Mrs. M said…
Super cute shoes! Lovin' the dots and the little cross over strap. It's always important to have cute feet at the playground or wherever.
Thanks for the Yummy vs. Slummy smile. I'm glad it brought a little sunshine to your day.
Don't you just love holding hands with your husband? It's one of my favorite things too...reminds me of dating days and how lucky we are to have each other.Pink-a-lish-cious!:)
Mama Skates said…
love the shoes too! and ur blog makes me smile! :0)

sharon

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...