11.13.2008

een-y...mean-y...mine-y...

UGH!


This is the life of a parent dealing with seizures. Because neurology is many times (especially in the world of IS) a very subjective field...much of the decision making is placed on mommy & daddy's already loaded shoulders.



Choosing the right med is one of those HUGE decisions.



But the choice gets even more complicated when you add in the generic options.



Which is why I'm linking Jen Smith's insight gained at an epilepsy conference where the topic of which to choose was highlighted. Thanks Jen for sharing the info!

4 comments:

Mama Skates said...

i thought her blog was super interesting - i don't envy having to make that decision one bit! again, kudos to u IS super moms!

JSmith5780 said...

Thanks for the link. I always knew it was important to stick with brand drugs for Epilepsy. I knew generics were a little different. I just never knew HOW different they could be. And remember, the FDA rule is for 90% of the time... not even 100%. I think that scared me more than anything!

Shanna Grimes said...

I agree. It was a good post.

Mrs. M said...

This is mind blowing.
It's so shameful that information is not shared by the medical profession. I know some medical coverage companies here will ony cover generic drugs. Crazy!
I need to check into this further inregards to our meds and talk to the Neuro team.
VERY good info!
Thanks for sharing.