Skip to main content

big mouth

Ugh!


Why did I have to go and open my stinkin' big mouth?!?!?!


I waited until the end of the week to bring it up. Not that I'm superstitious mind you.


I waited until Jonathan...


and Grams...


agreed.


Until it wasn't just me.


But Murphy's (freakin') Law. Shortly after (and probably before many even read the below post) I said it out loud that we suspected Vigabatrin was perhaps maybe could be doing something. Possibly. Trevy had a massive (over 40 seizures) cluster. And then later another.


And this is what it feels like to open your big mouth. Saying your hopes out loud. And then watching them crash around you again. It sucks!


Ugh...


But on a happier note. We close next week! And I couldn't resist stopping by our (almost) house since I was in the neighborhood anyway. Pure luck.


::wink wink::


I even let the kiddos run around our (almost) yard for a few. I was mid-buckle routine when an oil truck pulled up. I thought surely it was for the neighbors house. But it sure looked like he was on our (almost) property...so I scooted over to be nosey. And sure enough. He was pouring 100 gallons of heating oil into our (almost) tank!


But the thing is...


our (almost) sellers just told us that they were giving us whatever oil was left in the tank!


And they say the Spirit of Christmas is dead!


::smile::

Comments

Mama Skates said…
ugh about the seizures!

yay about the oil!

hope u have a FAB w/e sweets!
sharon
Melanie said…
give the vigabatrin increase a while longer to work. Daniel was on it also for 2 1/2 yrs. Perhaps he just needs the increase a few days to kick in. Don't give up hope that its your "wonder drug", sometimes it just takes the upping of it to help things out a little!

I know it sucks, but just keep thinking positive!!
Anonymous said…
Don't fret. There's those couple of days it needs to build up a level and then finding the right level is the hard part.

We're there with you. Emma's seizures have started again. She's been having them for 2 days now. So we're increasing her Topamax level and now I need to wait for it to level off in her system. That's the hard part.
Mrs. M said…
OH! It hurts when things are starting to look better and then they return to "normal" again. We went there again and again and again until finally things settled in. Hang in there! [Like you have any other choice?!:)] It's got to come....this has to be Trevy's turn to be seizure free! I'm praying this will be your Christmas/New Year's gift.
Wuhoo on the house/heating gift. How wonderful is that!? Congrats!
Are you in packing mode....the wonderful upside down, where's the kids, stop touching the boxes, packing mode? Good luck! I wish for you a smooth move with heaps of helpful movers/friends/family, etc. If I was in town...I would bring you a meal or an empty box or something.:)
labonte4 said…
D,

How many times have I done this! But...I'll never stop celebrating good days or giving up the hope they could...eventually...stay that way!

Keep ordering that cake! You guys will get there one way or another. These things take time, and LOTS of patience. Its just frustrating going through this process.
JSmith5780 said…
Ugh! Hopefully it'll still kick in!
Shanna Grimes said…
Oh, I guess I shouldn't have read out of order in my back tracking. I decided to scroll all the way down after realizing all the posts I missed.

I'm sorry hon! Ugh! There's still a chance tho. Let's not give up hope yet.

Warmth for the holidays, always a good thing! At first I had no clue what you were talking about. We don't use oil to heat out here. We barely need heat, period! Wish we did. I miss the cold and the snow!! Not normal to wear shorts on Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...