1.26.2009

the very busy life of a SAH-SN-Mommy

Monday is cake. Nuthin' really special happens on Mondays. Mondays are good relax after the weekend kinda days.


Tuesday...we road trip. It's Dr. Boston's second consult. We've learned a lot since that first meeting ages ago. Should be an interesting conversation.


Wednesday...all day in Providence! Dr. Neuro appointment. Again...lots to chat about. Meeting a Craigslister so I can hopefully complete my Gilmore Girls collection! Pluuuuuuus...after months on a waiting list Trevor is finally being accepted into a CEDDAR Center. To be honest...I'm not really sure what exactly CEDDAR does...but I know they are the only service (in RI) that offers respite. And while it took me awhile to get to the place where I felt like we actually needed respite hours...I'm SO there now! For instance...the Snow Angel Ball was this weekend. It's an annual event focused on raising funds towards epilepsy research. And someone sweetly donated tickets to Jonathan & I. I even had the little black dress. Just not the sitter. Grams (wonder woman that she is) can't do everything. And that's why we need respite!


Thursday...early morning coffee with a side of Speech Therapy. Afternoon two hours of Trevy school. And evening consult with a new pediatrician. Which...I might add...could be The One! This based on stories of her hippie...vaccine separating ways. Plus knowing that she accepts our insurance!


Friday...Occupational Therapy is the order of the day.



And then...


we sleep!


So that we can start it all again next Monday...

6 comments:

Adesta said...

Wow you have busy weeks!! I can see why you just want to relax on Monday's. I don't blame you there! Hope you all have a good week!

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Can't figure it out...what does the "SN" part stand for? Once you tell me, I will probably feel pretty silly for not knowing. I'll blame it on the fact that I'm pregnant.

Like I just said in the e-mail I just sent you...I don't know how you do all of this with 2 older kids.

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Hmmm...it just hit me...does it stand for "special needs"?

Shanna Grimes said...

Yep, SN=Special Needs ;)

Your schedule sounds like ours, except we have therapy m,t,th,f. No more b-mod wednesday nite, yay! Respite on wednesday's. Don't know for how much longer because our helper may need knee surgery. Don't know what I'll do with out Jamie Poppins!! Throw in a dash of doc's appts and a few sprinkles of tests & hospital stays, IEP's, home schooling, meds & special diets. Ahh...the recipe of life for an SN parent ;)

Cheers!

Jonathan said...

I'm exhausted ALL the time!

and Shanna...Jamie Poppins...cute!

...danielle

Mrs. M said...

Yay...someone else who knows what it's like to be driven by appointments weekly!
Respite....this is something I'm getting my head around too. We have our first meeting with an organization on Feb 12th. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!
Good luck today! Safe journey to Boston, hope everyone is in good spirits, the the Docs LISTEN, and that you receive helpful info in return.