10.09.2009

am I weird?

Dr. Rockstar thought so when I told him I want to see it.



You know...it.



He said they don't typically do that.



I said...yes but my son has been having 100s of seizures a day which I have spent the better part of two years trying to understand and eliminate. And I need to know why.



He said...you can't with the naked eye.



I said...that doesn't change my mind.



He said...we're going to take a picture. Will you be satisfied with a picture?



I said...yes. And actually...after thinking about it...a picture is probably a better idea.




Anyway...



OR just called. Everything is going well. They'll call in another hour.



Dr. Rockstar said it's going to be a late night.



My boot is beginning to complain. As are my jeans. We're up to our armpits in chocolate!

6 comments:

Holli said...

Now that I think about it, that totally sounds like me too. I doubt I'd have the courage to ask to see it, but I'd certainly be curious to see for myself what's been plaguing our son too.

You sound good. Really good.

Hang in there & thanks for the good flow of updates!

love & hugs & prayers...

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Don't start to worry when you are the last one in the waiting room and the pre-op area is cleared out. It was an eerie feeling for me. Watching people come and go all day long. And then suddenly realizing no one else was around. It was quiet. I peeked through the window on the door of the pre-op area and it was dark. They were late on the hourly update. So I had the lady at the desk call because I seriously thought that maybe they forgot about us. No...still operating. It is a LONG procedure. And Dr. Sood is very meticulous. He has a special chair he sits in with an arm extension to keep him steady.

By the way, yes...you are weird ;)

Danielle said...

Well shoot...now I wanna see that chair too!

How'd you find that out?

It's already getting really really quiet in here. And they are late on our call now...ugh.

...danielle

Anonymous said...

I want to see the chair too. I wondered how he could go so many hours without eating or going to the bathroom! We were the last ones in the waiting room too. We spent a long time by ourselves.

I can't wait to get a copy of that picture:-)

Erin M.

Melanie said...

How about some apple cider and warm donuts from a local cider mill? I can bring you up some this weekend if you're up for a visit...just shoot me an email, I'd love to come visit.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but believe that they have surgical 'procedures' that allow for the human needs of the surgeons. Not exactly astronaut-like but more like built in breaks where while Dr. This is working Dr. That takes a break.

Even with breaks, support to their arms is brilliant and reassuring.

Not weird in my book for wanting to see, but expecting for him to bring it out like a delivered .... probably not a good idea. Glad you agreed to seeing a photo.

I am also appreciative of the updates. I know there are many like me who are all day long thinking and checking online for your updates. Yes, it is late there. I'll be back. Til however late.
Barbara