12.23.2009

random-nings

After bringing Callie inside from a romp in the patches of snow Toby announces...



She's really cute!



pauses...then adds...



No offense!




Which prompts my asking...huh?




Well...no offense that I think she's as cute as you!



Declares my son...with the most serious of faces!





**********



I finally reach my boiling point with all the running and ruckus behind me. I huffed at Bristel...





"What in the world are you doing?"





She comes to an abrupt halt. Puppy hanging from her arms.





"I'm just playing Dog Catcher, mommy!"





I probably shouldn't have laughed.





*********

I've been wrapping the gifts in the basement.

<>So Bristel says to me the other day,

Mommy...why does Santa give the mommies and daddies the presents early?



**********



I don't remember why I asked. I do remember being testy when I did.




Toby...what the heck is your Webkinz password?!




Toby took a deep breath and then proceeded...




BCZIEL87MUY




(obviously modified...because I can't remember what the heck it really was!)




He never changed it from the original password!




Is that hysterical or is that hysterical! Especially since he shpieled it off without missing a beat!




**********




The most amazing thing happened today.




Trevy and I were out and about running errands. The labwork he needed was not amazing. But what happened shortly after is.




He had been munching some cheerios. Which pre-surgery he could never ever hold a bowl of cheerios and munch all by himself! So that's amazing too.




But I wasn't sure if he was finished. So, like I usually do...I asked him if he wanted more. Or no.




He never answers me. Frankly...I don't think he's ever understood.




But today...




...that changed!!!!




When I asked if he wanted more...




he responded...clear as day and very deliberate...




"naaaaah"




That my friends, is toddler speak for NO!!!!




*********




Sooooo...




there are rumors that this is part of my cunning get-out-of-sending-Christmas-cards-plan...




but I assure you. I'm not that clever!




::wink::




So if some of you recieve duplicates...




...and some of you none at all...




I'm talking Christmas Cards.




Sorry.




I shouldn't have trusted the project to my very sketchy memory! I should have kept better notes.




But alas...I did not.




Sooooo...

instead. I give you this...



Merry Christmas Pictures, Images and Photos

10 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

Danielle- If I don't talk to you on FB before, I hope you Jonathon, Toby, Bristel and Trevy have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year.

love and hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

All of it!

xx

KC's Warrior Mama said...

I think Naaah just might be the most beautiful word in the toddler language!! Go Trevy!! I hope you all have a great Christmas!

Sinead said...

Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Keep forgetting to leave my name!

Random posts from Anon = Katy!

Adesta said...

Merry Christmas Danielle, Jonathan, Toby, Bristel, and Trevy!!!

I'm so thankful that Trevy is doing so well. That has got to be the best Christmas present ever!!!

{hugs to you all}

blogzilly said...

Merry Christmas...hope you guys have a good one.

Anonymous said...

Blessed Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

God Bless...Love,
Hudson and Family

Mrs. M said...

Doesn't it just shine your heart when they come out with things like "Naaah!". It still amazes me when Bup comes up with something I just assume he can't say or doesn't understand. Ya gotta love those surprises! Yay for Trevy!
Your Bristel...she cracks me up! As does Toby...how sweet that he thinks you are cute..not puppy cute, but cute just the same!:)