5.19.2010

dancing on a dare

Jonathan teases me about my K-love listening ways. Says it's girly music. I remind him I'm a girl.


::smile::


Besides, it's one of my attempts to bring captive my crazy mind and fill it with peaceful soul food. Rather than let it run away with stress...and sadness. Which always ends in migraines and self medicating chocolate binges.


My current sweat suit for every day of the week mission tells the story.


As does yesterday's post. Talk about sappy. And in need of a good K-love (more positive than negative in) fest. Am I right?


So I made Jonathan buy new speakers for the computer. So I could play K-love online anytime. And have some healthy background noise.


Every now and then. In the middle of the "cheesy". Comes a song that moves me deeply. That makes me grab the closest kid and force them to dance with me. While singing at the top of our lungs. Except it's usually me singing solo. Them squirming (and giggling) to get away.


Trevy was closest when I heard this one...







Made you cry too, huh?



You were tempted to grab your closest family member and sway too...weren't you?



Ohhhhh...



I get it. You're not girly like me, eh?



I dare you to stay dry eyed after clicking play and listening to the daddy share the story behind the song's inspiration...



And not feel your own heart daring to believe too...

6 comments:

Jacob's Mommy said...

Beautiful.

MJStump said...

I'm a K-lover too! I heard this song on K-love recently and cried as I listened to it. The lyrics are very fitting.

So yeah, I guess that means I'm girly too :)

hannah and blitzen said...

K LOVE is NOT girlie!!!but then again, I am a girl...and I do love it! :)
Thanks for sharing. What an absolutely incredible testimony. No, I didn't make it through without boo hoo(ing!)....
love ya!!!
Marcia K

Robin @ Blommi said...

Popped in to see what is up with you and Trev. Hope all is going well.

I love the new look to your blog. I've been so busy with Miranda's transition to preschool I haven't had the chance to stop in for awhile.

Danielle said...

Thanks girls...

Blommi...we're doing good. Trevy continues to be an extraordinary little miracle! A little transition stress...but here's to hoping the school admin and I can reach an agreement tomorrow! :) Somehow I missed that you're a RI-er?

...danielle

JSmith5780 said...

Seeing as I am at work, I'm not grabbing anyone!

But it's a great song.