7.14.2011

iPad apps of the day–pre-reading extravaganza

 

image

  ABC Magic Spelling 1 – FREE today

Trevy loves anything that has drag n’ drop action going on.  And mommy loves that this app is teaching him pre-reading skills.  Takes gobs of patience, coaching and redirection but with mommy showing him where to place the letters – he can successfully complete two words before wanting to hit the iPad road.  Ex:  Trevy find the letter “m”.  M is a tuffy for him so I’ll usually need to tap it .  Trevy put “m” here.  And I’ll point to M’s home.  I have no idea if this is right or wrong but I always make him spell the word the right way.  My philosophy is to start teaching him now.  Bonus love – Bristel rocks it!  I’m so proud of how well she’s doing with her reading and spelling! 

 

 

image

  ABC Magic 2 – FREE today

Same developer – different flavor!  Still great stuff!

 

 

 

image

  ABC Magic Reading Short Vowels – FREE today 

Great for beginning readers!

 

 

 

image

  ABC Magic 3 Line Match – FREE today

Seriously…never buy another workbook again! 

 

 

 

 

 

image

 ABC Magic Phonics – FREE today

A visual match of the letter with the sound which helps reinforce the phonics you’re already teaching!  Good stuff!

 

 

 

 

I’m sure there are more!  Just search Preschool University in your app store and make sure you install them all! 

 

 

…danielle

3 comments:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Just went and downloaded all of these on my iPhone. Now if I can just get my iPad to work after Sophie thought it needed a bath :/

Jadon said...

Thanks for sharing the apps. We just got one for my son so I'm always looking for apps. So far he loves it and is already saying moo for the cow. It's a great therapy tool. Thanks again

Anonymous said...

You the app-master, d!

Barbara