3.16.2012

memory lane

 

I think it was around this time a year ago that I first met Aidan’s mom, Heather.

 

 

It was clear (umm…to me!) we were kindred spirits right from the get-go. 

 

 

So when she asked if I would think about…

 

 

maybe…

 

 

possibly…

 

 

trying to write a little something in honor of Purple Day for her blog - I was flattered.  Also, exhausted.  Because I’m exhausted all.the.time lately.  And when I say lately, I really mean for as long as I can remember.  Which is sketchy too, since my thoughts are foggy hazy most of the time too.  Ugh.  But I loooooved her idea of using March as a platform for epilepsy awareness.  I wanted to try and share. 

 

 

Turns out my little something inspired a walk down memory lane.

 

 

And a very long blog post. 

 

 

Which is coming soon.

 

 

Yeah, this is just a teaser post.  Winking smile

 

 

And you know…I’m thankful for the push to do it too.  We’re so plugged into the here & now that we don’t talk about the journey from the beginning much anymore.  It was kinda therapeutic.  In fact, maybe I should go ahead and cancel that appointment with the therapist after all?

 

 

…danielle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's ready to go and I'm so excited to share your story. It's been a gift for me to read over and over. And if any of your readers feel like they already know your story, I feel like you've presented it in such a powerful and new nuanced way.