5.15.2013

feelings

 

 

I've been focusing a lot on emotions with Trevy.

 

 

Every day I randomly ask him to tell me something about his day that made him happy, sad, scared, etc.

 


So tonight I was asking him "does so-and-so make you happy?"

 

He loved the game and said, "Mommy! Mommy!" which I knew meant I should ask does Mommy make you happy. So I did. He practically jumped up and down while he screamed YESSSSS!

 

 

It was really sweet.

 

 


Later I decided to turn the tables on him and asked instead...

 

 


Trevy, do you know how YOU make MOMMY feel?

 

 


He paused a minute and then whispered uncertainly, "Tired?"

 


I'm not sure if he knew why Mommy laughed so hard and hugged him so tight and smothered him up in so many smooches. But I'm pretty sure by time I was through he knew that he also makes me HAPPY!

 

 

…danielle

No comments: