Skip to main content

stack the blocks


I love so much about this picture.
1-Danielle Hamilton Foltz - Mozilla Firefox 382014 83220 AM
The happy glow of the sun.
The sparkle in his eyes.
The cheeky in his smile.
The fact that he actually posed. Like, stood still for more than two seconds and posed.
The crooked pants. A subtle hint that he recently visited the potty and pulled his pants up by himself.
The orange shoe laces.
The Stitch shirt. A Halloween costume made by a Trevy fan.
The hemiparesis curl of his right hand and arm. A reminder of all he has been through. Has overcome.
The way his chin is lifted. So proud of his accomplishment.
2-Danielle Hamilton Foltz - Mozilla Firefox 382014 83225 AM
And the blocks.

Stacked neatly from biggest to smallest. In a giant tower of sequencing. A tower of miracles.

Trevy struggles with sequencing. It is not his thang.

Has never been his thang.

He’s been working at stacking these blocks since his Early Intervention days! And if I’m totally honest…there were many times I secretly thought he’d never get it.

3-Danielle Hamilton Foltz - Mozilla Firefox 382014 83231 AM

I love this picture so much because it captured a million “try again”s until he finally did it. He did it! Oh sure, I gave him a little bit of prompting. But really…he did it! That boy. He’s always proving me wrong.

And of course, immediately after posing for a quick picture snap, he turned to jump and send it crashing down again.

Take that, you silly old blocks!

…danielle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...