4.28.2016

all the moments

Yesterday, 


a FB girlfriend posted a beautiful, spontaneous picture of her child playing and asked if anyone else ever feels their heart squeeze with the blessing and gift of being their child's mother. 



Her question wiggled its way right into my mommy marrow.



It's oh so easy to get caught up in the mundane and the difficult. To let the exhaustion filter out the beauty and in the cranky. She reminded me that it's essential to really let my heart marinate in the beautiful, blessed moments. 





Today, I had that moment with Trevy while working on his All About Reading lesson. He was peaceful and joyous in the fresh air and sunshine. THIS is what school should look like for him, I thought.


And my heart squeezed with the blessing of my gift.






I had that moment with his big sister, when she leaned into me while reading Little Pilgrim's Progress aloud for our morning meeting. I love the feels of her cuddles. She's been blessed with a truly sweet voice and when she's using it for lovely things it's one of the most beautiful sounds in my day. I pray that she always uses it to bless and serve others, like she was doing this morning.


And my heart squeezed with the blessing of my gift.


I had that moment with my oldest, who asked if he could join Trevy and I for Trevor's Speech work. His antics had Trevy in stitches and inspired Toby to grab Trevy in a big bear hug and tell him how much he loves him. When his tenderness for Trevy shines through, there is a rich, magical beauty that always takes my breath away.


And my heart squeezed with the blessing of my gift.



I am so thankful for these three children. For every moment we've lived through together. The sweet. The bitter. The growing. The groaning and the glowing. All the moments. They are a blessing and a gift. 

No comments: