7.16.2016

just a random saturday thought



I convinced Jonathan to visit an estate sale with me this morning. 


I was looking for a small bookshelf.


I found one.


I also found books to fill it.


And beautiful paintings.


And little thises and thats.


I felt like a cheap skate because I got it all for a steal at $40. Also a little sacrilegious to be prowling through the belongings of someone who is gone. But the paintings made me weep a little. And the books I chose filled my soul with joy. And the little thises and thats are meaningful. I thought to myself that I hope someday when I'm gone, a mom like me will rifle through my things and weep and rejoice and enjoy.


On the ride home I thanked my husband for letting me buy so many things. Particularly more books. I have truly become a book hoarder.


His response, "I kinda love this Charlotte Mason thing you're doing." 


No comments: