8.16.2017

Our Peter Pan


It took us a minute to figure out why he was exceedingly disappointed this morning. 


Evidently, he'd pulled out his loose tooth last night and put it under his pillow without letting anyone know. The Tooth Fairy, thus, uninformed, failed to show. 


Once we figured out what he was saying, I immediately flashed his sister the "stink eye" since she's the one who made the big buzz about the Tooth Fairy the last time he lose a tooth. I warned her it would cause trouble in the future. She just shrugged and flashed her dimples at me. No remorse! 


I shared our plight on FaceBook and a sweet seizure mom friend offered to call as the Tooth Fairy and apologize. 


Oh.My.Word.


That phone call was priceless! I wish I would have had the forethought to catch it on film. 


Trevor's face after the Tooth Fairy conversation...



He's convinced he actually, really, truly spoke with Nanny Plum (from Ben & Holly). 


While there are many things about intellectual disability that are heavy and sad and difficult, this forever little boy bit is sweet and wonderful.


Jonathan affectionately says that Trevor is our (Disney version) Peter Pan.


We are so very blessed.

1 comment:

Kenneth Lilly said...

All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust...