7.06.2008

who smooshed the strawberries?





By all accounts it started out as a happy strawberry patch kinda day
- compliments of the local Early Intervention crew.
Smiles filled the rosy fields.
Nobody could guess the terribly *messy* turn of events looming moments away...





Big brothers happily helped little sisters.

Little sisters busily pick pick picked the succulent berries.

Families bonded & sampled the yummy summery fruit...





But wait





I wonder what the babies are up to?






pondered a big brother...









No worries...

the babies were just frolicking in the hay!



Or were they?









Hmmmmmm...
it appears it wasn't just the babies smooshing the strawberries
that happy strawberry pickin' day...






The big brothers & little sisters had guilty fingers too!





Legend has it...

that every year during that strawberry patch kinda time...

little lips & digits will be stained a smooshy stawberry red.

And now everybody knows who smooshed the strawberries!

The End









7 comments:

Shanna Grimes said...

Cute story :) Now it's time for some strawberry shortcake!

Danielle said...

The shortcake was deeelish!

I put the story together for Bristel...who would have me read it 100 times in a row! lol She's very easy to please!

...danielle

Unknown said...

Looks like yummy beautiful strawberries and beautiful grandkids to me!! If you can, send some of them to us (strawberries or grandkids)!! We miss you all so much and love you all "bunches of strawberries!!!!" Babu and Bibi

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

What a sweet story! You should think about writing children's books...seriously!!! It put a smile on my face and at 5:30am that is not easy to do...I am so not a morning person.

Danielle said...

Bibi & Babu - Hmmmm...I'm not sure either would last the long trip there! Although pretty soon Toby'll be old enough to give it a go! He's actually off to his first summer camp...baseball camp!

Elaine - I am SO not a morning person either! Actually I'm more like late day to mid afternoon...everything else is cranky! :o) MY hubby said the same thing btw...I should try to publish it. The pics are what makes it cute tho! And it was really nice that EI sponsored the event!

I hope all is well for Sophie (and the other girls too:o) And you! I think about you often...and whisper prayers...

(((hugs)))

...danielle

Mama Skates said...

yay - pics of mama too! ;0) what a great time! i soooo want to go pickin' now!

Danielle said...

lol

I'm always the one takin' the pix...and rarely make it into any anymore.

I have the admit tho...I sure do like the delete button on those new-fangled digital cameras! *wink*

...danielle