10.28.2008

random-nings

The Scene: A bright & sunny Saturday afternoon


Daddy: Hey...who wants to help me clean the car?

Bristel: I do Daddy!

(and she scampers out the gate hand-in-hand with Prince Daddy)

Toby: Bristel wait...come back!

(he shouts to their backs from inside the gate)

Toby: I promise you it won't be any fun!

Me: (thinking to self) I have totally got to get a chore chart together!

You: any tips on putting such a thing together & into practical use would be most welcome!

***********************



Trevor's seizures seem to be increasing. He can't go a full half-hour without having a cluster anymore.


We're just waiting for the Vigabatrin green light from Dr. Neuro.



***********************



Being a potential first-time home buyer is really fun!



***********************



The Scene: Bristel pirouetting around the living room in her ballet costume.



Bristel: Mommy...will you please sign me up for dance classes?!

Me: Ummmmmmmm....maybe later...

Bristel: Like when Jesus comes?

Me: (thinking to self...exactly! But saying out loud...) We'll see sweetie...

Bristel: Okay Mommy...

(and twirled out of the room. To go ask Grams the same question I'm sure!)




*************************


The Scene: One restroom = perpetual privacy problem. Such as the other day...when Bristel barges in to announce...



Mommy...Jesus loves you!




:: smile.pose.pause ::




And so does Cinderella!


*************************



The whole fam has been stuffy...and coughy...and congested. 'Tis the season.

But I got an email last night that said if one were to rub Vicks onto the bottom of one's feet...and then cover with socks. At bedtime. It's much more effective than cough medicine! Especially for one's kids!

Hmmmmmmm...

My Gimmick Lover Angel & Skeptic Angel are duking it out right now!

I wonder if the Camphor free Vicks works just as well?

Because I got another email last winter that said Camphor has been linked to seizures. So to be on the safe side we only use the Camphor free at our house. Which thankfully smells just as soothing-ly nice!


************************


It would be SO much easier to consistently exercise...


if...




I...




just...





saw...





some...






stinkin'...







RESULTS!


************************


Speaking of which.


We're still waiting to hear from Dr. Genes regarding Toby's ARX labs.


************************


Are J & I the only one's who find FaceBook kinda creepy?

::wink::







12 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

Love the random-nings.

Home ownership, while fun, has it's pitfalls. Just read my blog to know :)

Let me know if the vicks works. i have heard that before too!

I have a Facebook, but never go on there.

Mama Skates said...

i like this idea from pioneer woman (LOVE her!)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/2008/09/social_commentary.html
we're trying to come up with something similar at home - only instead of the store, the kids will get extra marbles to add to their jars (only getting/losing marbles for behavior now, but wanting to incorporate chores)...i like how her kids have to do all the chores on their list - not just pick & choose

love ur randomness - i feel very random today too!

xoxox,
sharon

Mama Skates said...

ok, sorry - wrong link...there's a link within that post to the one i'm talking about "chore store" but it's not working right now...so i guess i was no help at all! ~lol~

Mrs. M said...

lol...your randomings are so fun.
Bristel cracks me up! "Like when Jesus comes?" That's perfect!
And Toby...he sounds like one of my neices,.."Trust me...it won't be any fun"
I'm a believer in the foot vicks method. Things are absorbed mnore quickly into your system via feet. Sounds wacko I know. But it certainly doesn't hurt to try.
Good luck to you with purchasing a home. It's exciting and stressful all at the same time.
So sad to hear about Trevor's seizure activity. That's heartbreaking.
Prayers to Trevor and you!
M

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kitty sticker..so cute. I put them on Madeleine's not so good hand! She was pulling them off with the good hand! lol God Bless, Wendy

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

Never a dull moment huh??? That little Bristel is such a character, and with those cute little dimples I'm sure can get away with murder! We were sick this weekend too. I've been putting the Vicks on Connor's feet with socks and it seems to help?? I hate to hear that Trevy isn't getting any resolution...same here so far. And the more they seize...the more our hearts break. Thanks for checking in on me! I've just been going through one of my busy streaks...don't worry i'll be boring again soon! ;) {{HUGS}}

labonte4 said...

Well, I'll just straight out admit that I like Facebook. Well, not the new one, but the old one (they recently changed it). I found all my old HS friends & am able to keep in touch with all my cousins. So....guilty as charged.

As for the seizures, I hope Vig. can really help Trev. We have the green light as of November 1st. I'm thinking of holding off a bit bec. Ava has had 3 really great days (with one whopper seizure last night)...but all in all 100% less seizures per day...for ....no apparent reason. Hmmmmm...we'll just wait this one out. With optimisim of course.

Shanna Grimes said...

Wow, so much to comment on :) Love all the convos with Bristel. Too cute!

Keep at the exercising. Your heart is seeing the result and will thank you later. So many other over all health benefits besides looking fab in a string bikini...something I will never wear again even with the best plastic surgeon and a diet of broccoli of water ;)

Sorry to hear about the sz's. Hope that you will get the green light soon. Don't ya just hate being in a holding pattern???

And yes, JESUS LOVES YOU ;)

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh out loud maybe when Jesus comes comment. Jesus or maybe if she asks her Pop Pop.
I've already primed him for maybe an early Bday.

Love,
Mom

Danielle said...

I love capturing the little random things that the kids say/do that make me smile! Honestly...this is such a fun stage of life. Busy...exhausting...but fun! Sharon...I'll be checking out that link sometime today! Cause I NEED to get something going. I have too many kids now to take care of everything! *wink* Oh...and ya'll be happy to know that I elpiticalled today too! Even though I'm not seeing the benefits! *smile*

...danielle

KC's Warrior Mama said...

I like Facebook! And I am a self admited myspace addict ; ) But it's not for everyone. Love the randomings. I know I'm a few days late. gotta go read the new posts now : )

Karen

Anonymous said...

Don't have a facebook, but have a myspace. I don't go on it as often as I used to, but it allowed me to reconnect with alot of friends from high school and family back in my hometown.

Sorry to hear about Trevy's seizures. It's heartbreaking for me to hear that they are worse so I can only imagine how it is for you and J.

Bristel is so cute. I love her little musings. I love the things that kids come up with, sometimes they make you wonder where they get it though! lol

As for the chorechart issue...get a dry erase chart, most stores sell them in the stationary area that lets you set them up for chores for kids...My oldest has certain chores she has to perform at least once a week and once it is full for the month, she gets a treat from the dollar store or she can opt to just get the money for her bank. Of course she don't mind cleaning, but it does take her a while since she "tires so fast and needs to take a break" like 30 million times in what should only take 10 minutes to clean up! lol