2.19.2009

do you believe...

in gaurdian angels?



This weekend I accidentally left the door at the top of our very steep stairs open. Jonathan, Trevy & I had just run up for a quick measurement or something. From our bedroom I looked over just in time to see Trevor take that first step...


I screamed "Nooooooooooooo!"


And knew in that instant that Trevor was going to be a pile of broken bones at the bottom. My seizure baby!


His balance is awful and he tumbled from the top step all the way down to the hardwoods below.


Jonathan said Trevy's angel must've carried him down the stairs and gently plopped him on the floor below. The fall itself was silent. And Trev was quickly comforted! My heart on the other hand still beats wildly every time I think about it!


We're most definitely believers!

7 comments:

Adesta said...

Oh D! I can't imagine what went through yours and Jonathan's minds!!! If I didn't already believe in them, I certainly would now. I am so thankful that Trevy is unhurt!!!

Mama Skates said...

wow - that's so scary! i remember WATCHING gabby tumble down our stairs...she was 2 & i was at the bottom...she was thankfully, dressed up 2 go play in the snow...she was leaning on the baby gate & it gave...she held her arms & legs out - completely stiff...tumbling down like a little star! i ran up as she came down & got her about 1/2 way...all the clothes, hat, etc had cushioned her enuff that she was not hurt - good & scared, but thankfully, not hurt! gotta love those angels that surround our wee ones!!! ;0)

JSmith5780 said...

It probably all happened in slo-mo too right?

Yes I do believe, but it also helps that kids don't know to tense up like adults do.

So glad he is OK!

Danielle said...

Jen...your scientific minds just cracks me up! I love it!

...d

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost had a heart attack just reading it. You probably cried more than Trevy did huh?? I totally believe in Guardian angels. I like to think that sometimes when connor is laughing in the corner at "nothing", he is really laughing at his angels. Atleast that's what my sappy heart would leave me to believe.

JSmith5780 said...

That's what a $100K education gets you ;)

Mrs. M said...

Talk about heart in your throat! Oh!
How wonderful that Trevy only received a scare & wild ride....guided by his angels. I believe in them! I also believe in the angel/devil conscious...and think sometimes the little red guy on my shoulder gets the best of me & then the angelic one has to convince me to clean up the mess! Maybe that's who convinced Trevy to take that first step. :) *wink* Or it was just plain old almost 2yrs old curiosity!