Skip to main content

purple day (a picture marathon)


We purpled it up today for Trevor and all the other brave seizure fighters around the world!



How cool are these two?




It's handy that purp has always been Bri-bee's fave color...


but even Tobes was excited to root through his closet until he found something with a hint of purple! His own idea...no mommy pressure involved!

::sniffle sniffle::




All for that guy up there... The one with the cheesy grin...who likes to spill milk (any liquid really) ALL over mommy's freshly mopped floors! That habit's getting really old...


We wear purple for him...


Our very own little seizure fighter hero!





I know we...





make it look easy...







n' stuff....








but seriously...







snapping a pic with Trevy...




i


is kinda like huggin' a greased pig! Not that I would know or anything... I'm not from NE you know!


::grin::







We even convinced Jonathan joined the purple party...




Grab your magnifying glass...




lean in reeeeeeal close...




shut one eye tight...




then blink ten times rapidly...




And you'll see it! The itsy bitsy lavender pin-stripe! Easy to miss...but it's there!





You should wear purple more often, Babe...



I think it's hot!



::wink::





Okay sooooo...



I don't typically get into things like Purple Day (does that make me snob?).



Buuuuuut...



I really needed an outlet to invest energy into a happy...positive...warm n' fuzzy stuff!



Besides I've gotta say...



It was stinkin' overwhelming how many people FB-ed...emailed...called...to say they'd be wearing purple for Trevy! (and by default his fam...and seizure fighting friends...) That was a much needed heart boost at exactly the right time! Thank you...







I say let's do this again next year!

Comments

Mama Skates said…
love it! even j's tiny stripe! ;0)

xoxoxox,
sharon
blogzilly said…
I wore purple for Trevor, my son and everyone else on the planet who deals with this. Just helps to send out the positive vibes.
Michele said…
I think this is a wonderful cause to help get the word out about those suffering Epilepsy and other seizure disorders... I can see this getting bigger and bigger each year.
There was a time when I didn't talk about my Epilepsy but now, I'm beginning to feel a little more relaxed about it!
Hugs to you all... you are a very strong family! =)
Danielle said…
Thanks for the support all! I was happily surprised by all the peopl who contacted me to say they were wearing purple in honor of Trevy. It's so crazy how something that seems so small can mean so much...ya know.

btw Michele I popped in at your site...love your pics! If you're ever my way...and inclined to give rookie some pointers...*smile*

...danielle
Shanna Grimes said…
Sadly, I had nothing purple so I wore purple's cousin, a bluish purple. Kay wore head to toe purple. Even had purple on her shoes ;) Next year I'll have a purple shirt. It was nice to see all my IRL friends wearing purple though!

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...