Skip to main content

Take 2 PICU (a picture marathon)

Here is my best shot at snapping Trevy studying his left hand...









My camera just wasn't quick enough to catch a really great sequence...cause it is really WAY cuter in person!






And this is Baby Birdie Trevy...little lips trying to suck sips of juice from the straw...




Trev has been very quiet. And not really interested in much other than sleeping. Or the occasional sip of juice.

But for a few minutes he enjoyed making the little wheel spin on the toy...



Nurse Kim was obsessive about making sure he was nice n' comfy. Feet propped just so. Neck roll. Clean sheets.

I think Trevy may have a crush on her actually!

Comments

Shelby J. said…
I am just amazed...these pictures are wonderful of your little guy! I love the shot with his brother's pic - you get the view as Trevy does of his big brother smiling at him - it must be so comforting for him to have his brother and sister to look at. And him studying his little hand is just precious...it's the little things in moments like this that are HUGE blessings. Keeping you all in my prayers!!!
Lisa said…
He is so cute! And doing a lot more than Julia was doing at this stage, I might add. Hope you get out of the PICU today soon.
Anonymous said…
These photos are GREAT! Thanks so much! Trevy is looking really good to me. His eyes look less swollen.

LOVE that you are offering him opportunites to do active play with his hand. (Where did you go to OT school?)

And while Nurse Kim keeps him comfy, he has no incentive to move. Just before sheet changing time, can he have a bit of up-pillowed time? (Just like the moments of play with wheel spin toy.)

Beyond grateful to you and J for sharing your experience online.
Barbara
blogzilly said…
The stuff you've talked about with the puzzlement over the right hand difficulty has been tough to read about, but you've been remarkably strong throughout, or at least you appear to be!
Danielle said…
Shelby...you're such a sweetie! Thanks!

Lisa...it does my heart good to hear that. Because today he's just so...quiet. Just laying there. Not fussing. Not playing. Not eating. Just quiet.

Barbara...you've taught me a trick or two! ;)

Ken...it is really really hard to see him struggle to use his right hand. Even after relooking over the pictures...his right arm is just like dead weight by his side. I hate it. I hate that he can't clap. Can't hold something with his left...and spin with his right. I'm not as strong as it may look. Because some of this stuff is tearing me up...

...danielle
Colby said…
I want to bite those toes!!!!

LOVED looking at these again this AM....

Cyndi

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...