1.23.2010

random-nings

A little mommy tidbit...



It's awfully hard to keep a straight face when chastening your first born son should he...



pause...



sailor salute...



and reply "affirmative"!



*********


How big would you smile if you discovered Trevy discovering the earbuds?



And (white boy funky) dancing to the PlayHouseDisney tunes he was hearing in them?!



**********


Bristel frantically irrational to Jonathan immediately after waking...



Daddy...I just don't know who I'm going to marry!



I just don't know!



**********


Toby was snuggling a very sleepy puppy. I plopped down on the couch next to them.



We sat there for a moment. Just enjoying each others company. When Toby finally broke the silence...



Hey Mom...



I know what Callie wants to be when she grows up.



I raised an eyebrow.



A mommy!



Sigh. Here we go again. With the but how do you know for sure convo. Which always follows the I want another baby brother convo.



**********


Dr. Pedi to Bristel during a recent well-visit...



Does anyone smoke in your house?



Bristel...



Ummmm...no.



Then adds...



Well sometimes mommy does.



Me to Bristel...



What?!



Bristel to me and Dr. Pedi...



Well you do make the kitchen smoke!



**********



Bristel to me on the way to our homeschool co-op recently...



I think we should pray all together. Isn't that a great idea?



(she punctuates everything with isn't that great idea?)



Me to Bristel...



That is a wonderful idea, honey.



Toby without peeling away from his gameboy...



Just don't close your eyes, mom!



**********



Grams' Trevy highlight of the week was his response when Pop-Pop asked for a kiss good-bye.




He came in for the smoochie...



...but couldn't bring his (sensory) self to touch the beard. Which seeing caused him to whole body shiver cringe. And he instead kissed his hand to blow a kiss. But changed his mind on that even...



and instead...spontaneously...raised his hand for a hi-five!



Looks like Pop-pop better get used to good-bye fives instead of smoochies!



**********



My Weds through Fridays are KA-RAY-ZEE.



I'm just compelled to share that nugget with you. On the chance that I should receive emails or facebooks or phone calls...and they go unresponded to. I am SO sorry! I most likely DID get it. Just didn't have time to respond immediately. And when I don't ASAP...I tend to forget!



**********



A friend was hanging out the other day and I had stepped out of the room.



She insisted (to my rolling eyes) that Trevy had laid his head down on a pillow and pretended to snore.



I totally thought she was flaking!



Until...



Trevy laid his head down on a pillow and pretended to snore!!!!!!

7 comments:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

Can I come live with you for a day? I LOVE your random-nings! Your kids are all too cute.

Debbie said...

too cute...the innocence of children...love-love-love it!

I know i posted this on someone else's blog...so you may have heard it already(sorry)...but this is another crack-up moment I never will forget....

As I put makeup on in my bathroom, Hailey is watching me and playfully putting some on.
I referred to her in conversation as "lady"

Hailey..."Mom...I am not a lady I am a girl!"

Me..."well, what is the difference between a lady and a girl?"

Hailey ..."Ladies boobs wiggle and girls boobs don't!"

Sinead said...

Oh how adorable. Emma discovered loud high pitched constant screaming. I can't think of a way to write that and make it seem cute.

Anonymous said...

Most.pleasant.random-nings!

Thank you!

Barbara

Colby said...

Another glimpse into your world...LOVE it when you post these! Isn't it GREAT to write about something NORMAL for a change???

Cyndi

JSmith5780 said...

Great randomings for a dreay Monday morning :)

Adesta said...

I want to come live with you for a day too!!

Trevy is learning so much, it's great to read.

I LOVED Bristel's explanation of you "smoking"...lmao...too cute!