4.09.2011

feel good spring cleaning

I'm not sure when it happened? 


I've always thought of myself as an IKEA girl.  Simple.  Clean.  Creative.  Minimalist. 


Somewhere along the way...I lost the IKEA thing and became a hoarder.  Yikes!  Especially with the toys.  Oh my with the toys.  I have gobs and gobs of toys.  A basement teeming with toys.  Because.  Well.  You know.  Maybe I can use those ratty old stuffies for math manipulatives?  Or Trevy might still like that ball that rolls when you push the buttons?  And we've all heard the stories of surprise babies!     


Anyway...


I was inspired to purge after reading this post. 


I'm not going all 40 bags in 40 days with it.  I need to bite size my hoarder rehab program.


::smile::


But I am starting today!


I have three little bags of gently used items that I've already posted to Freecycle.  Which by the way...if you haven't connected with your local free cycle drop everything and do so now!  It's a great resource for clothes, toys and even air conditioners!  It's why we stay cool in the summer.  And when you're not spending extra mulah on clothes it means you have extra therapy dough.   


I only hope these things get claimed quick.  Before I think of a reason why I just have to keep them!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE freecycle!! I need to take a page out of your book... The toys are beginning to take over the house!

Anonymous said...

As I still plan on one more baby (after this one!) I'm keeping everything so the house does feel like it's bursting at the seams!

I'm already looking forward to the end of the last pregnancy - gettting rid of maternity clothes - or the last baby growing out of something - then I dream of the stream of STUFF leaving the house!! :)

kt x

ps Freecycle fan here too

Danielle said...

You girls'll be pleased to know I have as of this moment...

Given away...

One plastic Cars themed gently used table cover & Happy Birthday banner.

And have pending for pick up one adorable Mickey Mouse backpack (I kept several other Mickeys :) and a baby blanket with a Winnie the Pooh toy.

I feel SO good! ;)

...d

Unknown said...

Yay! Go Danielle :) My day is comin...as soon as school is over in three weeks.

Anonymous said...

I dunno, Danielle. I think your pick up items will take more space than what you let go of. Just saying. ;)

We have to work at letting go of stuff, too - mostly because Hubby wants to 'sell' it. But, he is getting better at it. This summer is meant to be a big purge for us, too. We are soon to be empty-nesters. A whole new take on what our home is to be like!

Barbara