Skip to main content

feel good spring cleaning

I'm not sure when it happened? 


I've always thought of myself as an IKEA girl.  Simple.  Clean.  Creative.  Minimalist. 


Somewhere along the way...I lost the IKEA thing and became a hoarder.  Yikes!  Especially with the toys.  Oh my with the toys.  I have gobs and gobs of toys.  A basement teeming with toys.  Because.  Well.  You know.  Maybe I can use those ratty old stuffies for math manipulatives?  Or Trevy might still like that ball that rolls when you push the buttons?  And we've all heard the stories of surprise babies!     


Anyway...


I was inspired to purge after reading this post. 


I'm not going all 40 bags in 40 days with it.  I need to bite size my hoarder rehab program.


::smile::


But I am starting today!


I have three little bags of gently used items that I've already posted to Freecycle.  Which by the way...if you haven't connected with your local free cycle drop everything and do so now!  It's a great resource for clothes, toys and even air conditioners!  It's why we stay cool in the summer.  And when you're not spending extra mulah on clothes it means you have extra therapy dough.   


I only hope these things get claimed quick.  Before I think of a reason why I just have to keep them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE freecycle!! I need to take a page out of your book... The toys are beginning to take over the house!
Anonymous said…
As I still plan on one more baby (after this one!) I'm keeping everything so the house does feel like it's bursting at the seams!

I'm already looking forward to the end of the last pregnancy - gettting rid of maternity clothes - or the last baby growing out of something - then I dream of the stream of STUFF leaving the house!! :)

kt x

ps Freecycle fan here too
Danielle said…
You girls'll be pleased to know I have as of this moment...

Given away...

One plastic Cars themed gently used table cover & Happy Birthday banner.

And have pending for pick up one adorable Mickey Mouse backpack (I kept several other Mickeys :) and a baby blanket with a Winnie the Pooh toy.

I feel SO good! ;)

...d
Anonymous said…
Yay! Go Danielle :) My day is comin...as soon as school is over in three weeks.
Anonymous said…
I dunno, Danielle. I think your pick up items will take more space than what you let go of. Just saying. ;)

We have to work at letting go of stuff, too - mostly because Hubby wants to 'sell' it. But, he is getting better at it. This summer is meant to be a big purge for us, too. We are soon to be empty-nesters. A whole new take on what our home is to be like!

Barbara

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...