12.26.2017

a different kind of miracle

The day after Christmas. Resting on the couch, first thing this morning, with his new Baltimore Oriole's binky and Adventure Toad stuffy.




I don't know why I feel so bad this morning? 


 It's because you had a big seizure, Buddy. 


 Oh


He rolls over and closes his eyes as the aftermath of the event continues to wash over him. It's astonishing how a 3 minute seizure can steal hours from his day as he recovers. 


 Sigh. 


 Life with refractory epilepsy is heavy. So very heavy. People love to credit God with perceived miraculous outcomes and our misguided ideas of good. Trevor teaches me daily that God is good in the heavy too. I don't mean to sound preachy first thing in the morning, but every seizure drives this idea home more deeply. 


 So, please, carry on praying for a miracle for us, but know that it could be the miracle He's working isn't in Trevor's body but in our hearts.

1 comment:

Kenneth Lilly said...

The faith you have...I marvel at it. At one time I say to myself it cannot be easy for you. Other times, I think that maybe you have reached a place where it is easier than I can ever know.

Shows you that I do not know a thing and that faith and I are still trying to figure each other out.