3.26.2018

in which patience makes me gray

The sunlight. The sweet face. The concentration oozing from his pores. The joy I could see brewing in his soul at a job well done.


All these ingredients swirled together to fill my heart with an "I love homeschooling" moment this afternoon.





Which was much needed after the birthday angst he gave me this morning. The beast! He didn't even wait until I'd finished my coffee before he began with the whining and emmy worthy tears over wanting his birthday present TODAY. For a minute there I wasn't sure we were going to survive. But he rallied and I captured proof that requiring patience will not actually kill him. Though I'm pretty sure I noticed a few more gray hairs winking at me as I passed the mirror.


Now to make it through until Sunday. We're planning to surprise him with an April Fool's birthday rather than making him wait until the 3rd.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As cute as he is, I don’t know how you ever win a battle with him. April fools Bday. How fun. 12 years ago April 1st, my daughter called to tell me I was going to be a grandmother! It took her a good 30 mind to make me to believe it wasn’t an April Fools joke. That 5 ft 100 lb blonde blue eyed joke is the light of my life! Happy Birthday Trevor you handsome young man!!!

Danielle said...

He is incredibly cute which is both a blessing and cursing for parenting challenges! :P

So sweet about your "grandbaby". Trevy's due date was April 1st, but he fooled me by waiting until the 3rd to actually make his appearance.