Skip to main content

overwhelmingly

I woke up this morning groggy.





Seriously groggy.





Like...I'm moving through water. Swirled with sand. Nose barely in the air zone.






I've had quite a few of these days over the past year and a half. I think it's my internal defense mechanism.






You know how some newborns zonk out when they're overstimulated.






That's totally me when life feels overwhelming. I just shut down. And nothing comes easy. Choosing breakfast is enough to melt me down. Everything is a chore. I've read posts...and desperately wanted to comment. Tried even. Only to delete it in frustration. I'm a writer! Words should come easy!






But on groggy days...they don't.







When life is overwhelming me. Nothing comes easy.








And I'm feeling very overwhelmed these days.










Overwhelmed every time I think about the possibilty that our insurance may not agree that we have no choice other than seeing Dr. Rockstar. I'm not looking forward to sorting this out over the next couple weeks...









Overwhelmed every time Trevy has another cluster. Although to be fair...we have seen a decrease in seizures after last Topomax boost.









And speaking of Topomax...it's overwhelming that there is now a generic in the sprinkle capsules. Which means...




A) A brawl over coverage


B) We suck it up and use the generic


C) I crawl back under the covers and let sleep whisk me away for the next few months...so I can stop the maddness in my mind











And I'm overwhemlingly disappointed in myself. That I'm so easily overwhelm-able.









Anyway...



Comments

Anonymous said…
((((((Danielle))))))

Hug of God's peace from da Dawg...
blogzilly said…
No need to be disappointed in yourself. The way you feel sometimes is natural, and expected, and understood. You come through when you have to.
all i can say is amen sista. and to quote that whack-a-do michael jackson, "you are not alone...i am here with youuuuu.." ok how sad is it that i actually know the words to that song...ha ha ha!! [[[hugs}}
Holli said…
Hey sweetie...

These funks we get in...are so annoying to ourselves, but totally understandable. If we sailed right through it, we'd be in complete denial.

There's nothing about this disorder that isn't "overwhelming"..Nothing. From one agonizing cluster to the next...one excruciatingly difficult decision after another..

But, you've shown me over and over again that it's normal and once we spill it out, we keep going.

Hope it's looking up in RI!

((((BIG HUGS))))
Holli

P.S. I usually get my fix from Oreos! ;-)
Anonymous said…
Ever hear of the saying "Pot calling kettle black"? That's me telling you - don't be so hard on yourself. Ahem.

Easier said than done. (I love cliche.)

I do think it gets better with age. That makes me feel better, too. hehe.

To save me time, just gonna comment all here instead on each of your new posts - 3 in one day?

Stress that is mental - sometimes a person can talk themselves out of it, er, think themselves out of it. Think about it.

Trevy's family is in my daily prayers. Barbara
JSmith5780 said…
I'm just as bad right now. I was at my Epilepsy Support Group meeting last night. Someone asked me a question, a question I know I know the answer to and I just sat there. There was literally NOTHING in my brain that I could retreive to form an articulate sentence with. I've had moment like this before, but nothing quite as bad. I literally was blank.

It'll pass right?!?
Colby said…
Well, it seems like almost every blog I read tonight sounds like it was written by me! I feel like I am reading about my life....

So if YOU are disappointed in YOURSELF, then I guess I will join in....I am already there with the 2/week migraines!!!

"This too shall pass...."

Fondly,

Cyndi

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...