Skip to main content

Hasbro Children's Dream Night @ the Zoo


Every June our local Children's Hospital sponsors a special night for the families that frequent their services the most.

It's invitation only. I love that the invite is to Trevy. And he's then allowed to invite his fam to join him!

And Jonathan mentioned that it's nice to have an event where Toby & Bristel are treated exactly the same as Trevy! Special!

Face painting...tattoos...games...free food...ice cream even...and of course all the kewl animals! All mixes together for a fabo evening of just enjoying each other...and forgetting to be sad for a little while. Especially when the seizure boy of the fam is funky dancing over every little thing!

It's an international event...inquire at your local Children's to see if they've joined the bandwagon yet? And if not...maybe you can be the one to get the ball rolling!

Comments

blogzilly said…
That looks like a blast.
Colby said…
I really enjoyed your video! I would love to try to make one, but I doubt I would be able to figure it out!!

What a wonderful day y'all had! You have such a beautiful family....Enjoy these days....It's so true what they say....They go by with a blink of an eye!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Cyndi
Mama Skates said…
now that looked like fun!

:0)
sharon
AWWW, that looks like sooo much fun!!! You guys look like you were having such a *happy* day...a very well deserved happy day!
Tara said…
Looks like the kids had a blast and very cool for the hospital to have such a special event. Also, Aidan & Trevy's hair looks very, very similiar these days. Aidan is also sporting a full head of curls.
I LOVE the video montage. I know I have said this a million times over but your kids are just too adorable. And I don't know if I was seeing things but did you actually have a picture of an animal eating another animal?!?!

Popular posts from this blog

I cried when I got the news

I felt like such a heel not going with Trevy for his first post hemi EEG. Yeeeeeees...Jonathan went with him. Yeeeeeees...he's just as good as me. But still! He's my baby! I was instead sitting on floor 6 east waiting for Neurology to get their boots here and help me sort out this medicine mess! Seriously it's like a bad joke...how many Neurologists does it take to write a bloody script? And fax prior authorizations? Cause Trevy's been back for hours now. And I'm STILL waiting! Anyway... Jonathan had just stepped out to meet the pizza delivery guy when Dr. EEG made his rounds. Of course I asked immediately if he had read the EEG. Of course he had. That's why he was there afterall. And I cried when he told me... that for the first time in almost two years. For the first time since this whole crazy mess began. my baby's EEG is completely normal! Side Note: It's super fun to sob in front of Japanese men and watch them squirm When I kept repeati...

I sure hope...

they grow back curly! Saw the "unknown" flashing on the face of my cell phone and knew who it was. Who it had to be. Dr. Fellow. My eyes met Grams' and I nodded. Grams has a pool, see. For super hot days like today. We're also having a septic installed. Which meant no water or facilities at my place. But those weren't really the reasons I was there. Close to mom. The purple ringing thing in my hand was. Only I wasn't prepared for it to be ringing SO darn soon. Shortly after lunch instead of dinner! I swallowed. Took a deep breath. And clicked connect. Dr. Fellow has a very nice phone tone. Clear. Hint of compassion. If only a stitch of humor were added...it'd be heavenly. But there was no humor. Just business. He's very direct. I'm learning that about him. Which explains his short hello. Followed by immediately pushing into the news. Being that it was a unanimous consensus. The entire surgical committee feels Trevor is a good candidate. And then p...

it's like being asked to the prom...

only MUCH MUCH bigger! I had noticed (yes...I stalk my site meter!) that a government ISP had logged onto Trevor's blog. Whoever it was had spent a good deal of time hanging out too. Followed a few minutes later by a government ISP...hailing from Washington. As in DC! My eyebrow raised. It was just kinda odd. Note-able odd. You know? Anyway...later that day (last week) I was folding laundry & thinking my crazy insane thoughts. Along these lines... I hope I'm not saying anything I shouldn't! Maybe I made somebody mad? Wait a minute! I live in America! I'm allowed to say anything I want! Aren't I???? A shout from the other room interrupted my thoughts before I had a chance to further mull. It was Jonathan. I had just received an email. **Side note...he's always doing that! Reading my emails! Sheesh!*** The said email was from a US Senator's aide! Asking if he could speak with me. Little ole' hardly has time to splash some make-up on ...